Author Topic: Game of Thrones (GoT)  (Read 20465 times)

Offline HornetKick

Re: Game of Thrones (GoT)
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »
Saw this on my news feed today and I missed two damn it.
https://nypost.com/2019/04/13/test-your-game-of-thrones-knowledge-in-a-quiz-only-experts-can-pass/

Offline happyk

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 08:31:05 PM »
Any comments after the the episode?? Where's the excitement guys?

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 08:41:16 PM »
I'm still excited, but kind of apprehensive because some of these people are not going to make it out alive and although Theon rescued Yara, which he should have done a long time ago, I'm just so afraid of what is going to happen to them.

Loved that a lot of loose ends were tied up just by having people reconnect with others they haven't seen since season 1.
I'm not sure how I feel about Euron and Cersei's hook up. It was just too easy screwing him, although I'm game, just not so soon.

Those white walkers are not going to go down easy at all.
I'm glad the Ladies of Winterfell, both Sansa and Arya saw dragons for the first time and finally met the undeserving queen Daenerys. Jon never wanted to be King, so he might stay mum about his heritage and just let Dany, his aunt have it. (ok she may deserve it too considering what she went through though).

Sam should have been happier. His father was an utter dick, but both he and his son Dickon Tarly went out how they wanted. So whatever!

Brienne of Tarth wasn't around. I didn't miss seeing her until I saw another post about it.
I'm in it until epi six and then we're all done.

Offline happyk

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 08:55:45 PM »
I felt really bad for Sam though. I loved how they went on a dragon ride for date. I'll always have sympathy for Theon no matter what specially because of the things he went through as Reek.

I want Jon to claim his power more because he's not greedy and Dany seems just a little too power hungry.

I didn't understand that little boy on fire. Totally lost.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »
I felt really bad for Sam though. I loved how they went on a dragon ride for date. I'll always have sympathy for Theon no matter what specially because of the things he went through as Reek.

I want Jon to claim his power more because he's not greedy and Dany seems just a little too power hungry.

That little boy scared me! Lol ...it was the boy at the beginning of the episode...and a warning from the night king ...but why he was on the wall like that idk

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 09:18:51 PM »
I'm still excited, but kind of apprehensive because some of these people are not going to make it out alive and although Theon rescued Yara, which he should have done a long time ago, I'm just so afraid of what is going to happen to them.

Loved that a lot of loose ends were tied up just by having people reconnect with others they haven't seen since season 1.
I'm not sure how I feel about Euron and Cersei's hook up. It was just too easy screwing him, although I'm game, just not so soon.

Those white walkers are not going to go down easy at all.
I'm glad the Ladies of Winterfell, both Sansa and Arya saw dragons for the first time and finally met the undeserving queen Daenerys. Jon never wanted to be King, so he might stay mum about his heritage and just let Dany, his aunt have it. (ok she may deserve it too considering what she went through though).

Sam should have been happier. His father was an utter dick, but both he and his son Dickon Tarly went out how they wanted. So whatever!

Brienne of Tarth wasn't around. I didn't miss seeing her until I saw another post about it.
I'm in it until epi six and then we're all done.

I hope Aegon (Jon) doesn’t let auntie have it, but for some reason i think he will smh

Offline happyk

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »

That little boy scared me! Lol ...it was the boy at the beginning of the episode...and a warning from the night king ...but why he was on the wall like that idk

So, that's what I didn't understand what was on the wall. That little boy 😔 and they were so quick to stab him. He was still human, I thought??

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 09:29:04 PM »

So, that's what I didn't understand what was on the wall. That little boy 😔 and they were so quick to stab him. He was still human, I thought??

Well on the wall he wasn’t anymore....when his eyes popped open they were blue like the white walkers....the night King got to him

Offline happyk

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »

Well on the wall he wasn’t anymore....when his eyes popped open they were blue like the white walkers....the night King got to him

Ohhh I totally missed the blue eyes. Thanks Sparkle.

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2019, 11:56:22 PM »
Ahhhh! I'm still so excited! So because I've read the books sometimes I have a hard time remembering if the show addressed certain things, but I'm pretty sure the whole "the dragon has three heads" thing has come up. Dany HAD three dragons. She now has two and the army of the dead has one. She and John, both Trageryans, rode them. Who else rode one? The Knight King!!! Is he Trageryan?!! Is HE the rightful king to the iron throne? I love Tormund or whatever his name is. I don't want anyone to die, but I will BAWL my eyes out if Tyrion dies. He is my absolute fave!! BTW, is Cersei pregnant or faking? She was drinking wine again. Hmmmm 🤔

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2019, 12:23:06 AM »
Ahhhh! I'm still so excited! So because I've read the books sometimes I have a hard time remembering if the show addressed certain things, but I'm pretty sure the whole "the dragon has three heads" thing has come up. Dany HAD three dragons. She now has two and the army of the dead has one. She and John, both Trageryans, rode them. Who else rode one? The Knight King!!! Is he Trageryan?!! Is HE the rightful king to the iron throne? I love Tormund or whatever his name is. I don't want anyone to die, but I will BAWL my eyes out if Tyrion dies. He is my absolute fave!! BTW, is Cersei pregnant or faking? She was drinking wine again. Hmmmm 🤔
Ikr?? I use to live for the weekends, but this show kicked the weekends up for me and I pity anyone not into the show right now, although that can come later through the 8 series DVD set, which will come out down the road.

I don't have an absolute fav just because this show taught me to not hold too tightly to anyone or to like anyone too too much. I would be hurt if truth be told if something happens to both Jamie and Cersei (who I feel is faking a pregnancy). Although Cersei is revenge driven, it does seem warranted by what she has been through. I was crushed beyond repair when one of the dragons was killed. I could hardly stand to rewatch that part over and over. God it was the saddest and cruelest death IMO.

As a side note there are plenty of Youtube showings to tell you what is missing from the books and what is included. Bratheon's daughter's burning at the stake wasn't in the books so it came as a huge shocker to many. Oh let me ask, since you've read them all, are the sex scenes in the book steamier??

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2019, 01:00:29 AM »
No, I didn't think so, but they were more disturbing because like Dany was 13 when she married Khal Drogo and lost her maidenhead so that scene was just hard to read because of her age. But I mean there are lots of incidences where Dany's servant girl pleasures her after Drogo dies and Cersei gets a woman off with her fingers and the "c" word is used a LOT.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2019, 01:40:59 AM »
Wow or should I say whoa?
I was referring more to the incestuous twins, but the brothels are mentioned a lot.

I've watched the first episode three times already. I thought the c word was a 21st century thing.

Oh it was just annouced Adele and her hubby are spliting.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:42:40 AM by HornetKick »

Offline naturegirl

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2019, 01:59:07 AM »
Oh, that's sad 😢. Hey, Hornet, are you going to get a duct tape bikini this summer? I don't think I could pull it off, but even if I could I think I'd be worried about what would happen when I had to take it off 😳.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2019, 03:36:56 AM »
The name sounds painful let alone wearing it.