Author Topic: Why I Became Obsessed  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Hopfullness

Why I Became Obsessed
« on: May 06, 2017, 01:18:10 PM »
I don't call anything like I used to. I used to call practically daily. It's been a few years now since POI was in my life. Still see her all the time but no conversation or contact.

Years have passed. And yet my heart still longs for.

When I met her I said maybe once in a lifetime you meet someone who gets you completely. These relationships are the hardest and yet most rewarding. She agreed. But I guess the way life has unfolded makes me wonder if she was being honest.

I miss her everyday. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone who I could fall for like I did her.

Love feels like it's in the past for me now.

Offline Bostongirl

Re: Why I Became Obsessed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »
I too felt like that we someone over 15 years ago now. we had a great connection and attraction. He got involved in a third party who got herself pregnant and in trapped him. I was devastated. I eventually got over him. When I look back it was mourning the loss of something that could have been but was never. I waisted a lot of time and money crying over him.
Yes, they all told me he would come back. No, he never did. He is still with her. Its comfortable, she pays for everything. He is a bought man. At the time I couldn't see these things about him.
Now, I can say, not sure I knew him as well as I thought I did.
Hope this helps.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
I too felt like that we someone over 15 years ago now. we had a great connection and attraction. He got involved in a third party who got herself pregnant and in trapped him. I was devastated. I eventually got over him. When I look back it was mourning the loss of something that could have been but was never. I waisted a lot of time and money crying over him.
Yes, they all told me he would come back. No, he never did. He is still with her. Its comfortable, she pays for everything. He is a bought man. At the time I couldn't see these things about him.
Now, I can say, not sure I knew him as well as I thought I did.
Hope this helps.

Great story!

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 11:03:43 PM »
I don't call anything like I used to. I used to call practically daily. It's been a few years now since POI was in my life. Still see her all the time but no conversation or contact.

Years have passed. And yet my heart still longs for.

When I met her I said maybe once in a lifetime you meet someone who gets you completely. These relationships are the hardest and yet most rewarding. She agreed. But I guess the way life has unfolded makes me wonder if she was being honest.

I miss her everyday. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone who I could fall for like I did her.

Love feels like it's in the past for me now.

I understand the pain and heart ache you are going through.

It's been almost 2 years since my past POI and I have been apart. I still have feelings for him. All the psychics told me he was coming back. I moved on to a new POI which hasn't been working out for me thus far, but I still of course have feelings for the old one.

I don't think it's hopeless for you at all. There will always be a new person you feel crazy over...I feel crazy over my new POI as well and he has become my primary focus over the old one. It just takes time to meet a new person who really does make you feel that way. At this point in my life I no longer believe in the concept of soulmates, and that there is one person we are destined to be with.

stargazer

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 12:18:59 AM »
At this point in my life I no longer believe in the concept of soulmates, and that there is one person we are destined to be with.
someone better always comes along, if we are open to it. just takes time ;)

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 03:49:38 AM »
He got involved in a third party who got herself pregnant and in trapped him. [....] He is still with her. Its comfortable, she pays for everything. He is a bought man.

Sounds more like he trapped her.  ;D

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 05:00:16 AM »
He got involved in a third party who got herself pregnant and in trapped him. [....] He is still with her. Its comfortable, she pays for everything. He is a bought man.

Sounds more like he trapped her.  ;D

Oh please. He wanted to be trapped. This is a good example of saying you don't want kids, but then don't do anything to prevent kids from happening. I'm not psychic, but I betcha he didn't wear a condom. I had the same thing happen to a guy friend and I told him from the beginning she is going to trap you since you don't wear protection and she did, but....she miscarried and I can't tell you how happy he was. He said he knew it sounded bad, but it was just pure relief of joy. After that incident, he only wore condoms. Morons!

Offline rosa0726

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
I too was obsessed. I mostly called CP. I called for almost 3 years about my POI. 90% of the psychics said he was my soulmate and not to worry, the only person he would marry would be me. Forward  4 years later and he is married with 3 kids.

I was beyond devestated when he married this other girl. When I found out he was engaged, all the psychics changed their tune. Then it became "oh we saw this happening but he brought it upon himself because he was afraid of his feelings for you". I went on a bender after his engagement. I kept calling and calling and the psychics assured me even though he was engaged, they didn't see him getting married. I could go on and on but you get the point. The day he got married, I stayed in bed for 4 days with the lights off, that's how devestated I was.

Although the pain was horrible, it also allowed me to finally let him go. He was with someone else and even though I trusted the psychics blindly,  I realized it was a business and having me call over and over again just filling their pockets with money. I felt like such a fool.

the only good part is that through my heartbreak, I met my husband. We were just friends but he was also there for me when I was on the floor in pain.

To be honest and I would never admit this to anyone, I don't feel for my husband what I feel for my ex. Maybe it was the longing and the drama of it all that kept it like a challenge for me. But with my husband comes security, happiness, no crying and I feel like I am home with him.

Do I still think about my ex once in a while and think about what could have been? Yes, once in a while. Am I over him? I can honestly say yes. Just give it time. I have been there. I know the sadness you feel and the longing. But one door closed for me and another opened, which was the better door.

My husband went through hoops to be with me. My ex never did and I realized I was with the better man. My husband isn't the most exciting person in the world but he is kind, devoted and loves me so much.

One thing I learned through the years is if someone wants to be with you, they will be with you. I relied on the psychics way too much and took their word as gospel. That in turn kept me in a viscious cycle of constantly calling to seek reassurance.

The worst part for me is even after my ex got married and had his 1st child, the psychics said oh his marriage isn't going to last. Even in my despair, they still led me on. But I am happy to say, I haven't called a psychic in 3 years and have no desire to.

I know it doesn't seem like it now but one day you will feel better and you will let go.

Offline bluebelle

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
I too was obsessed. I mostly called CP. I called for almost 3 years about my POI. 90% of the psychics said he was my soulmate and not to worry, the only person he would marry would be me. Forward  4 years later and he is married with 3 kids.

I was beyond devestated when he married this other girl. When I found out he was engaged, all the psychics changed their tune. Then it became "oh we saw this happening but he brought it upon himself because he was afraid of his feelings for you". I went on a bender after his engagement. I kept calling and calling and the psychics assured me even though he was engaged, they didn't see him getting married. I could go on and on but you get the point. The day he got married, I stayed in bed for 4 days with the lights off, that's how devestated I was.

Although the pain was horrible, it also allowed me to finally let him go. He was with someone else and even though I trusted the psychics blindly,  I realized it was a business and having me call over and over again just filling their pockets with money. I felt like such a fool.

the only good part is that through my heartbreak, I met my husband. We were just friends but he was also there for me when I was on the floor in pain.

To be honest and I would never admit this to anyone, I don't feel for my husband what I feel for my ex. Maybe it was the longing and the drama of it all that kept it like a challenge for me. But with my husband comes security, happiness, no crying and I feel like I am home with him.

Do I still think about my ex once in a while and think about what could have been? Yes, once in a while. Am I over him? I can honestly say yes. Just give it time. I have been there. I know the sadness you feel and the longing. But one door closed for me and another opened, which was the better door.

My husband went through hoops to be with me. My ex never did and I realized I was with the better man. My husband isn't the most exciting person in the world but he is kind, devoted and loves me so much.

One thing I learned through the years is if someone wants to be with you, they will be with you. I relied on the psychics way too much and took their word as gospel. That in turn kept me in a viscious cycle of constantly calling to seek reassurance.

The worst part for me is even after my ex got married and had his 1st child, the psychics said oh his marriage isn't going to last. Even in my despair, they still led me on. But I am happy to say, I haven't called a psychic in 3 years and have no desire to.

I know it doesn't seem like it now but one day you will feel better and you will let go.

Great post.  So many stories like yours on here..with the POI getting married and no one seeing it.  Scary for sure.  Glad you have moved on.  I truly believe the challenge aspect of these men make it harder to let go, the psychological aspect of wanting what you can't have.

Offline knel27

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »

Wow what a great story. I'm sorry for what you went through and I'm going through that right now. Its been almost a year since I've spoken to my POI and had been calling keen multiple times per week until last week when I had an epiphany and cancelled my keen account. You are totally right....if a man wants to be with a woman, he will do whatever it takes to be with her. All I did this past year was delay my healing with false hope given to me by countless psychics and a big dent in my bank account and credit card. I'm trying to let go and live my life now...in the present. Not worrying about the past or future. It is hard and not a day goes by I don't think about this man, but not calling keen has helped. I'm so mad at myself for spending so much money the past year, I literally could've taken a nice European vacation, maybe even 2 with the amount I've spent. At this point he could be engaged or married, who knows. I just want to live my life and be happy. I've finally started to accept he may never come back and even if he did it may not be in the way I'd want. And I'm going to live my life as if he's not coming back. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I very much believe something better is going to come along for me. I'm going to hold on to that, not what some random psychic tells me. We all have a choice in life, and I choose to move on from this no matter how long or how hard it is.

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 05:15:43 PM »
Thank you for sharing... so glad you did move on and are now happy.

Offline rosa0726

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »
Thank you for the kind words. It wasn't an easy road and through all the heartache, it brought me to where I am now. For that, I will always be grateful.

Sometimes, I read others stories on this forum and it makes me so sad because that was me a few years ago. I became financially irresponsible, got into debt, and couldn't wait for payday so that I could call my psychics.

Like I said, once in a while, I do think about what could have been. But I do know this, it was nothing I did that made my ex go in the direction he did. The psychics gave me all this stupid advice like pretend you don't care, don;t contact him, etc. and had me thinking this would have made a difference and yet, the opposite happened. He married someone else. I think the one thing that really had me bitter at the time is when I spoke with the psychics and conveyed that he had gotten engaged to the girl that they had assured me repeatedly was just a flirtation, they all changed their tune.

I has spoken to one on Saturday and she told me he was my soulmate, blah, blah, blah. The day I found out about the engagement, I called her in a panic and she said that she saw wedding bells around him but it wasnt something he was happy about. I mean are you kidding me? in 2 days, she did a complete about face.  Another one said that she told me he might get engaged to this other girl which was a blatant lie. She is one of their top psychics and had repeatedly said she "guaranteed" he would never marry anyone else. She actually used that word.

that was the moment I lost all my faith in them and I did call once in a while for a year or so after that but then it came to an end. Til the very last reading, I heard how he was unhappy in his marriage and was thinking of me and looking for a way out. He just had his 3rd kid a month ago.

I don't like to sway people one way or the other but this is my story.  I do think people have gifts but I don't think any of them are on CP.