Author Topic: Be Careful  (Read 5880 times)

Offline YellowLove

Be Careful
« on: March 03, 2017, 04:17:55 PM »
I believe Keen is getting a bit shadier. They disabled my account after I left shootingstar11 a negative review (mainly she flip-flopped. Nothing nasty, just a one star). Well now I can't get into my account and I'm just forewarning ppl, in case you leave a negative and not able to get back into your account. She's the only one I left a negative for and yes it was my only account. Support isn't answering, but luckily I didn't have that much money left in there (only $1). Please just be wary and don't leave a lot of funds in your account.

Offline Sooshi

Re: Be Careful
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 04:18:53 PM »
What happens when you try to log in?

Offline Shayalay

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »
It has seemed to me over the past year or so that Keen, based in uber-expensive San Francisco, is acting as if they are getting desperate for money. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are starting to punish people for bad reviews, especially when a one-star could mean somebody wants a refund.

Offline YellowLove

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »

It states your account has been disabled. Please contact customer support (which they never respond).

Offline bluebelle

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »

It states your account has been disabled. Please contact customer support (which they never respond).

wow weird that usually only comes up when you request to close your account....I would definitely call them and ask

Offline YellowLove

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »
It has seemed to me over the past year or so that Keen, based in uber-expensive San Francisco, is acting as if they are getting desperate for money. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are starting to punish people for bad reviews, especially when a one-star could mean somebody wants a refund.

Yeah, Keen definitely aren't what they use to be, that's for sure.

stargazer

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
LOL! When I clicked on this thread, I thought it was going to be about a reader with the username "Be Careful". I'm thinking, who would choose that username?
hahahhaha

Offline YellowLove

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 06:04:09 PM »

LOL! When I clicked on this thread, I thought it was going to be about a reader with the username "Be Careful". I'm thinking, who would choose that username? This should be interesting...

Seriously though, have you called their customer service number just to see what explanation they give you?

Ahahahaha

And no, I'll give them a ring.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »
I have to say they were really generous in January when I went on my calling spree.  If I wasn't happy they'd refund the whole amount  - I did the "satisfaction guarantee" though, but alas they caught on and then would reply and say you are familiar with our site and are not getting a refund.  But I actually did get one more when I read with one that was good, but we couldn't hear each other the first two minutes and I asked just for a refund of two minutes worth, but they credited me $25. 

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »
I'm sure it's s technacial issue. No one blocks money. I've only heard of readers being blocked for contacting customers outside of keen.

Offline YellowLove

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 01:55:49 AM »
So it's definitely not getting reinstated. Sucks but saves me money. Oh well.

stargazer

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 02:05:54 AM »
what happened? Did u get a hold of customer service?

Offline YellowLove

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 07:09:26 AM »
what happened? Did u get a hold of customer service?

Yeah I did. They're standing by being "we won't be enabling this account" approach.

moonlight412

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »
Wow! Without giving you a reason? That's so annoying..

Offline YellowLove

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 03:01:27 AM »
Wow! Without giving you a reason? That's so annoying..

It is what it is, but I've found some pretty good ones on Bitwine who pegged the situation without info. I'm waiting for predictions.