Author Topic: A year with no readings  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Psychicaddict

Re: A year with no readings
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 01:26:25 AM »
Baypark - thanks for starting this thread. Congrats on going one year without a reading. I know how addictive it can be. I don’t want to think about the thousands of dollars I’ve spent over the years. Luckily, I never went into debt. But still, all that wasted money. Only one psychic was correct for me, but by the time I realized he was accurate, he had disappeared! I can’t believe my bad luck. I haven’t had a reading in over two months. I was kind of getting the itch again, but coming on here has helped me to overcome the desire to call. I do believe there is such a thing as psychic ability. But finding a psychic who works for you is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not worth the time, money and heartache. I am trying to just give my life over to God. Easier said than done. Stay strong, everyone!

Offline jas

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »
Baypark that is a big accomplishment.  Overcoming any addiction is HUGE!!

I have to say that I have had four major predictions that absolutely happened.  Three of the predictions were made by readers NOT associated with Keen and one was a Keen reader.  I find value in readings but I ONLY use four readers and I stick to them.  The value is not in the predictions but in the fact that I can bounce things off of them that I might not want to reveal to a friend.

My question to all of you is why do you still come on this board?  If you are truly done with it, why bother?  Please understand that this is simply a question and I am not trying to start anything - just curious.  If I were no longer using psychics I would have zero use for this board.

ladya

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 01:30:54 PM »

I have to say that I have had four major predictions that absolutely happened.  Three of the predictions were made by readers NOT associated with Keen and one was a Keen reader.  I find value in readings but I ONLY use four readers and I stick to them.  The value is not in the predictions but in the fact that I can bounce things off of them that I might not want to reveal to a friend.

My question to all of you is why do you still come on this board?  If you are truly done with it, why bother?  Please understand that this is simply a question and I am not trying to start anything - just curious.  If I were no longer using psychics I would have zero use for this board.

Agreed. I’m the same way. I have like less than a handful of readers who I contact when I want to bounce things off of. I don’t look at things one-dimensionally and like to know both the spiritual and practical reason for things and tie those together. I like to know the depth and why’s of everything. I view psychics, astrologers, and other mystics as spiritual teachers and they’ve helped me grow as a person and be the best version of myself.

Offline Gemini38

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »

Agreed. I’m the same way. I have like less than a handful of readers who I contact when I want to bounce things off of. I don’t look at things one-dimensionally and like to know both the spiritual and practical reason for things and tie those together. I like to know the depth and why’s of everything. I view psychics, astrologers, and other mystics as spiritual teachers and they’ve helped me grow as a person and be the best version of myself.

I 💯 agree and feel the same way.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »

I 💯 agree and feel the same way.

I want to know this too!

Offline bstalling

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »
No one that continues to come on this board is ever truly done with psychics. We are either looking for a new reader to try, trying to compare notes still, looking for therapy of some sort because you still deep down believe in psychics, or you are just a casual user and understand their uses are very limited.

I know people don't like "negative" people posting about how sucky readers are, but its still true for the most part. Few will be practically useful for you in the way you need. If you can accept that and still use the readers you like, all the more strength to you. But, a lot of posters on here eventually move on because their experiences were not good and they shut the door finally.

I was looking back at Bayparks post history. I noticed that she read with Davina from CP that pretty much told her what her ex was about, which contradicted most every reader she tried that was telling her a different story. Thats one out of possibly hundreds she had tried. Food for thought.

Offline GoldieShawn

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »
That's amazing! I've been lurking reading posts on here for probably a year but have not posted (shy I guess). I've read with an embarrassing number of readers. I quit in January and not going back. What Baypark and others said is exactly right, the readings I had did not change the outcome except instead of being brokenhearted I was brokenhearted, obsessive and strapped for cash because I was spending all of my money on readings. I hung onto a situation that I should have realized was long over, but instead of having that realization and going through the grieving process, every time I would think "I just need to be over him" I'd call and get a reading and they'd assure me he was coming back and I'd keep obsessing for another week or month or whatever.

That's not to say that I don't think there are people out there with intuitive gifts. I absolutely do and I would say I've had many small predictions like contact and predictions about less emotional topics like work stuff come to pass. The POI I started calling about in the first place? Totally wrong on that. I have thought many times, why can they get this right but not the thing I actually care about? Cookie once correctly predicted that my furnace would go out and it did that afternoon. Gifted, but about as useful as male nipples.

The one thing I would say that actually did help me was occasionally someone would tell me what I needed to work on to get to the next level of growth. Things like getting my confidence up and not waiting on a man. It would piss me off but then when I actually worked on myself, it did help. So I will give them that. It was still nowhere near enough to justify the money and heartache. And most readers will not tell you this because they do not make money off of you getting your stuff together and moving on, they make money from keeping you invested so you keep calling.

The thing I've come to look at when I want to call, is what's going to change after I call this reader? Not much except bad or good, I'll be focusing on someone else's opinion instead of living my life.

Now I'm spending the time I used to spend on psychic readings on bettering myself and being there for my friends. Thanks so much for sharing Baypark and love and strength to all who are committed to quitting.

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
I have been off this addiction a few times and I come back and want to slap myself for that. My first cycle was in 2005 after a big breakup that lasted almost 2 years 10000 later I finally closed my account and moved on. But it happened after i found someone else to distract me and I no longer needed to talk. The second cycle was in 2008 after I met someone and that didnt last quite as long thankfully only a few months after I realized not one of the predictions of uniting us was correct and he finally got married and rode off into the sunset with someone. This is my third cycle started in september of 2017 I am determined to give it up before the 2 year mark. I closed my keen account once but then went back to it.

Offline psychic girls

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 01:50:57 AM »
Just glad that more and more peoples came in here and said these psychics were so wrong on the big outcome. 95 percent of the time psychics reading cost more harm then good and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to get reading move on waste your money on therapy instead to help you recover quicker.

Offline Flyingsoul

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 04:32:09 AM »
I second these, that’s the reason I closed all the accounts now and making efforts not to call anymore. Good or bad, the readings would haunt your mindset and you lost your own integrity in making your own decision. I would rather don’t know the outcome and let it come to you when the time is mature. Kudos to those who has left the readings.