Author Topic: Saying Goodbye to my friend and forum member  (Read 12981 times)

Offline sunandmoon

Re: Saying Goodbye to my friend and forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 04:39:05 AM »

I can only say we have all been in a really dark place, otherwise not one of us would be here.  I know, for me, the readings created chaos within me and an emotional breaking point...were the readings the sole purpose? No, but they made an already bad situation worse and the highs and lows dangerous. Every one of us has been there, we came here and chatted with each other regarding "bad" readings and would often comfort each other by saying "just throw it out and ignore it",  because we "knew" which readers were never right.

Hanging on to the words of a stranger that in 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months everything is going to be alright stops the healing process.  At the end of the 2 months when nothing has changed and the fantasy that has been created ceases to exist, we digress to the starting point of the actual event that triggered the calling frenzy in the first place.  On top of the disappointment, anxiety, and frustration from the reading, we are now left to deal with the actual event and figure out how to move forward.  A process many of us have repeated over and over again, and thus another problem to deal  with....addiction.

You are so right - this is an addiction. I have never been addicted to anything other than sweets - but this one did me in to the tune of over 10K. I was not strong enough to break free for the first time in my life. I never drank, never did drugs - but this sucked me in so bad.

It still is my dirty little secret - with the exception of one other online friend, no one else knows I've done this.

I am heartbroken that this happened.  :'(

Offline DreamLoveBelieve

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
I am so happy for this post as I still haven't found the words to express how dearly she will be missed.  As other have said, she was a brilliantly bright, shining light that helped myself and countless others through our hard times.  Hanging on to false hopes and desperately seeking outcomes that we knew would never come. 

The friendships I have made through this forum are sacred and invaluable to me and, as nottakingthebait has said, please reach out in your time of need.  We are all busy, myself included, but friendships aren't measured on how often you interact, but on how present you are when you do interact. 

Love to all.

Offline FaithnTrust

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 10:34:48 PM »
I was so very sorry and sad to read this. I am not addicted anymore...but I sure used to be.
I finally realized that any man who truly loved me, and was deserving of my love and loyalty, would not stop contacting me!
Any man who is in love does NOT disappear! We all know this, don't we?! But hurt , pain, confusion and not wanting to except loss and or rejection,  make us vulnerable, and that is what these readers feed on.

We are all strong, beautiful women who should be treated like the queens that we are!

Find your inner queen  :)

Again...so sorry for your loss....

sodapopcharm

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 04:17:48 AM »
what happened? who? I was a member here a few years ago and was friends with many. I had to quit the forum to quit the addiction.
sadly, coming on this site does not help people move on and quit the addiction.

Offline Bella

• Veterans
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »
what happened? who? I was a member here a few years ago and was friends with many. I had to quit the forum to quit the addiction.

I sent you a picture pm

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
This is a very sad story. I myself was actually close to committing suicide the second time I realized that I had been burned by dozens of psychics in June. It's a very harmful and terrible addiction, and hurts you in many forms. I know nothing of who this person is as I did not start on these forums until 2017, but I can imagine that she was probably overwhelmed and devastated by the fact that everything the psychics said was a lie, as well as the financial destruction the addiction causes.

I was extremely depressed during the binges and I also struggled with eating disorders in addition to them. I didn't think that I was going to make it..

I know the original poster hasn't used the forums since 2016, but I just wanted to still say thank you for sharing this story. I hope your friend is in a much better place and free of all emotional pain.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 02:17:32 PM »
Bumping this up because it is worth a read, and some thought.

I've read this thread before, and it breaks my heart everytime..I don't know who the poster was that passed on, but I pray she's resting in peace... :'( :'(

Offline marybell

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 12:28:38 AM »
It was so sad.  She was a very nice, kind and generous lady.

Offline marybell

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2019, 12:40:43 AM »
It's heartbreaking to read. Some tough lessons here, very eye opening. Is it taboo to ask who it was? I haven't been around that long but wondering if I 'knew' her.
I don't know if its "taboo" or not, but when  her name was shared in the first posting about her taking her own life, a lot of members were  upset and asked that it be removed.

WinterElf

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 06:19:07 PM »
who was this lady? i would like to read her posts and see what lead up to it as a sobering reminder to not trust psychic readers with your whole body and soul.  thank you

Offline bstalling

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 08:20:24 PM »
who was this lady? i would like to read her posts and see what lead up to it as a sobering reminder to not trust psychic readers with your whole body and soul.  thank you

It wasn't because of the psychics. It was because she was in a rough place emotionally and didn't get help.

WinterElf

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2019, 11:04:25 PM »
oh okay. what is her screenname? are her posts still here?