Author Topic: Music for Emotional Release (Instead of Calling)  (Read 2549 times)

Offline melancholia

Music for Emotional Release (Instead of Calling)
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »
I think most of us have been down the "binge calling" road before.  The one thing I've found helps me is music...usually finding a really good album that I can connect with and singing (or, in the case of my current "release" music, screaming) along with it either alone in the apartment or in the car or what-have-you, maybe allowing it to take you down a creative path...

It works for me, anyway.  So, for anyone who might use this method for emotional release (or even just to keep themselves from calling), what do you use?

Mine changes all the time, but the current one (because apparently I've de-aged by about 15 years or so) is Linkin Park.  Pretty much the entire discography on my iPod, on loop, with a little Muse or Foo Fighters thrown in if I start to get sick of it.  Certainly not relaxing, but man - the release I get from it keeps me calling without fail, at least until I get sick of it.  Of course, anyone else driving near me on the road when I'm screaming it out at the top of my lungs with my windows down probably develops some unfavorable opinions about me...

Offline cocoapple

Re: Music for Emotional Release (Instead of Calling)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:31:11 PM »
@Somnus
Finding the right tune works for me too.  I feel like i can dive into another world and follow the lyrics and music and forget for a second that there's a whole in my heart and calling these psychics will NOT work.  Also, i find that when i have an urge to put more monies into the account (thank god i cancelled CP and Keen indefinitely), i just go shopping... at least i can return it afterwards and it puts into perspective that what these dollar value means.  It's so easy to just add another 20, 30, 50 etc. on a call or buy a bunch of minutes package on CP. It's super dangerous when you have your CC on file...

So, good old fashion retail therapy.... (don't forget to return the items you regret buying tho..)