Author Topic: surrender!  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Bark angel

surrender!
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »
A little story...

Yesterday I had a reading with one of my preferred psychics (I choose at this point not share which reader, if you want to know PM me). It was about a situation I am experiencing of late.  It does involve a person that I love.  In that reading, yesterday, out of the blue I was told that this person would visit me.  For the record,  this individual has had no contact with me and has not visited me in over a YEAR.

I thought the prediction was so far-fetched given that information- Nothing for more than a year- it could never happen  so  I dismissed it. Two hours after completing my reading my doorbell rang, and who was standing on the doorstep in the dark but the very person I'd been told would visit.  That's what I mean by surrendering to the Universe and letting things unfold.

Offline sunandmoon

Re: surrender!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
I'm glad that worked out for you. It's kind of a 50/50 chance it will when it comes to that. A guy I dated in college does that to me now and then. He comes up for Xmas a lot, and every few years he'll randomly stop by with no warning.

In my case, I was told that dating someone new would bring my exbf out of the woodwork. I did date someone new, because I liked the guy and wanted to. I certainly surrendered my old r/s to the Universe and let things unfold.

Over 2 years. Still hasn't come back. We live in the same town and do the same things, and I haven't even bumped into him.

50/50

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
This was nothing random, and it was nothing akin to a guy that you dated in college popping by, believe me!
I'm glad that worked out for you. It's kind of a 50/50 chance it will when it comes to that. A guy I dated in college does that to me now and then. He comes up for Xmas a lot, and every few years he'll randomly stop by with no warning.

In my case, I was told that dating someone new would bring my exbf out of the woodwork. I did date someone new, because I liked the guy and wanted to. I certainly surrendered my old r/s to the Universe and let things unfold.

Over 2 years. Still hasn't come back. We live in the same town and do the same things, and I haven't even bumped into him.

50/50

Offline hope4love

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:37:30 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:19:24 AM by hope4love »

Offline tellmewhy

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:53:07 AM »
Hope, the same exact thing happened to me when i was told i was going to meet and marry some guy that in my natural senses would never be with because of his race and background so i dismissed the reading calling the reader liar!!! within 2 years as predicted, i met this guy and i fell in love like never b4. The bottom line was when we met, we had such a great connection that none of us had ever felt but circumstance tore us apart,although i believe he was really the one, one day after not hearing back from him i decided that i would never contact him again. two days short a month of making that decision, he finally made contact on his own and now our communication is much better. we communicated for an hour or more a day and it has been consistent. that is the POWER OF LETTING GO!!!

Never underestimate the power of letting go and living in the now. Years ago, I had a few readers tell me that I'd meet someone (who would be the ONE) and I'd meet him in a work situation. I scoffed at this notion because I do not mix work and romance. Long story short, I ended up meeting this person in a work situation where I was temp employee for one week, covering for someone on vacation. It was definitely unexpected and a complete surprise to meet someone in this situation.

I think it's because I dismissed this prediction as nonsense and that it would never happen, plus I do think I was destined to meet this person because of how we ended up getting together for drinks at the end of my assignment. No, we're not together and we haven't spoken in nearly 7 1/2 years but he is someone I will always remember.  I've mentioned in previous posts that I know deep down this man will return and want to reconcile but I won't be interested because I've long moved on from him.

I've also gotten the 'if you date someone else, he'll come knocking on your door'. That hasn't happened and it's mainly because I haven't really dated anyone who has knocked off my socks. (I've heard of this scenario happening with others) Perhaps if I do get seriously involved with another, he will come banging on my door but that's not something I can force.

In the meantime, all we have is the here and now.
There's a quote from Maya Angelou which has become my mantra as of late.

Offline hope4love

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:04 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:19:37 AM by hope4love »

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 03:02:42 PM »

Sun,
I'm so happy that you moved on and found someone new.  These readers are in it for the money, they keep you hanging on and calling for updates, because there is a CHANCE the person just MIGHT come around again.  If they come around again it doesn't always mean they want to reconcile it may be to screw with your head, or to close the door.  Contact doesn't mean reconciliation.

You took the healthy approach and dated your new guy because you wanted to, not because it would make someone jealous in an attempt to get them back. 

Letting go is the only option when someone clearly does not show up, won't take a call, and does not call...when these factors are present it is NOT a 50/50 chance, it is 0%.  Waiting for someone, while they are living and dating another is cheating yourself. 

Thank you for sharing your experience, as it mirrors the majority here.

50/50

Offline allbitenobark

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
I totally agree with you kicking and sun. Very good points made for sure and sun I also thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy you found someone new that appreciates you and you were able to hop off the psychic merry-go-round, lol!

Sun,
I'm so happy that you moved on and found someone new.  These readers are in it for the money, they keep you hanging on and calling for updates, because there is a CHANCE the person just MIGHT come around again.  If they come around again it doesn't always mean they want to reconcile it may be to screw with your head, or to close the door.  Contact doesn't mean reconciliation.

You took the healthy approach and dated your new guy because you wanted to, not because it would make someone jealous in an attempt to get them back. 

Letting go is the only option when someone clearly does not show up, won't take a call, and does not call...when these factors are present it is NOT a 50/50 chance, it is 0%.  Waiting for someone, while they are living and dating another is cheating yourself. 

Thank you for sharing your experience, as it mirrors the majority here.

50/50

anything