Author Topic: Pyschics that claim the future can change....  (Read 22197 times)

Offline Bark angel

Pyschics that claim the future can change....
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
Hi all,
I've been reading with a psychic that I have a real connection with.  It's not just that she has mentioned things that I can validate, but I just have this sense that she is on the mark with me.  I haven't reached a final outcome yet, so I cannot state whether she is right or wrong in the final outcome, but one thing she has said to me consistently is that "the future can change".

I know this falls into the whole "free will" discussion, but how many of you agree that the "future" that a psychic has the ability to see is subject to change?

Offline patzi

Re: Pyschics that claim the future can change....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »
i think some things that a psychic can see are your destiny, that they will inevitably happen but necessarily the way the psychic has described. so say for example a psychic says you will marry a guy you are seeing the following year, you could use free will to  affect this timing by deciding that you want to save more before you marry. the timing is change due to free will but the outcome or destiny remains the same. thats my interpretation anyways.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Well, that is what I was saying.  A psychic sees some event in one reading, then months later, if that event does not show in the subsequent reading, would you consider the psychic to be wrong?  Or would you accept that the future is subject to change (but only if individuals that are involved do not act on their inner feelings)?

i think some things that a psychic can see are your destiny, that they will inevitably happen but necessarily the way the psychic has described. so say for example a psychic says you will marry a guy you are seeing the following year, you could use free will to  affect this timing by deciding that you want to save more before you marry. the timing is change due to free will but the outcome or destiny remains the same. thats my interpretation anyways.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
From what I have read about others that actually had predictions happen...the timing was rarely right. But it did happen..eventually. Sometimes I think psychics don't always see the same thing in each reading down the line...they just see stuff without any control over it. I actually think it is a fault on the client to call months later expecting them to say the exact same thing as they did some time ago. The message was already told to them.

Offline Calypso 13

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »
What about the readings where the psychic was completely wrong with the outcome?

And if there's this whole pitch on the future can change, well then no thanks, I'd rather save my money instead of playing Russian roulette with outcomes.

I've just become a realist when it comes to readings. Something has to be said for the hundreds of people who have contributed to this forum and have not received nowhere near the outcomes given.

I feel for those stuck in this cycle.  Please heed the stories of those gone before you (lol, dramatic) and save your money and sanity otherwise you'll be here saying the same thing months later.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
THIS!!!!  I absolutely agree with this post.  I don't even have anything to add! I just wanted to wholeheartedly agree.  :)

What about the readings where the psychic was completely wrong with the outcome?

And if there's this whole pitch on the future can change, well then no thanks, I'd rather save my money instead of playing Russian roulette with outcomes.

I've just become a realist when it comes to readings. Something has to be said for the hundreds of people who have contributed to this forum and have not received nowhere near the outcomes given.

I feel for those stuck in this cycle.  Please heed the stories of those gone before you (lol, dramatic) and save your money and sanity otherwise you'll be here saying the same thing months later.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:55 PM »
I'm not going to disagree that there are many people that did not receive the outcomes given, but is this always because the psychic was not able to read the future, or could it also sometimes have something to do with what the individual that received the reading did from that point onwards?
THIS!!!!  I absolutely agree with this post.  I don't even have anything to add! I just wanted to wholeheartedly agree.  :)

Offline GLK73

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 12:29:03 AM »
I'm currently waiting for a contact prediction... Brandon, Uli, Ginger, Marin, Vicky Joy, LadyP have all pretty much said I'd hear from the person this week.  It's anxiety-provoking for sure.  I don't want to encourage others to become as addicted to this as I've become, but there have definitely been times in the past where big predictions came through.  So I have a hard time discounting psychic ability altogether. 

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
But if we are going to put so much value on free will, and we believe that the future can change at any moment, what is the point of calling a psychic?  And mind you, this question is coming from someone who still believes psychics are gifted even though they have been mostly wrong for me over the years and over several issues. 

I think we have to be objective when getting readings and ask the right kind of questions.  A reader may be able to give us insight into the "here and now", but I am not so sure they can tell us what will happen in the long run, or beyond the near future. 

I have read with readers who I can assure are gifted, and even with that said, I don't trust them with final outcomes anymore.  If I get a reading, it's to gauge a current situation.  I can no longer ask if something will happen in the long term because they have simply been far too wrong too many times... even the "gifted" ones.  So why waste the money on a reading, when we can simply live in the present and be surprised by what is to come? 

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 02:04:11 AM »
Well, I am convinced that psychics - true psychics - do have gifts, and I am still inclined to believe that they can see into the future as well.  How that future plays out depends very much on how I take that prediction and what I choose to do with that information.  Let's say I am told that person X will make movement towards reconnecting with me in the near future.  If I take that information in and change my actions based on that information, I believe I can impact the prediction. 

A reading is supposed to be a glimpse into the probable outcome, but we are supposed to put it aside and keep moving forward as if we had never received that information.  If we do not do that, I believe we can affect the outcome significantly.

But if we are going to put so much value on free will, and we believe that the future can change at any moment, what is the point of calling a psychic?  And mind you, this question is coming from someone who still believes psychics are gifted even though they have been mostly wrong for me over the years and over several issues. 

I think we have to be objective when getting readings and ask the right kind of questions.  A reader may be able to give us insight into the "here and now", but I am not so sure they can tell us what will happen in the long run, or beyond the near future. 

I have read with readers who I can assure are gifted, and even with that said, I don't trust them with final outcomes anymore.  If I get a reading, it's to gauge a current situation.  I can no longer ask if something will happen in the long term because they have simply been far too wrong too many times... even the "gifted" ones.  So why waste the money on a reading, when we can simply live in the present and be surprised by what is to come?

Offline bstalling

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:47 AM »

I just think the readers we have contacted are just not gifted enough to get things right. However, the readers that were wrong for you, Synergy, did you supposedly "do something" to not get the outcome predicted...or was it a matter of being 100 percent invested in something and waiting on the decision of the other person? If the latter is the case, I don't think these psychics were good enough to be giving readings. It was the case with me and almost everyone was wrong about a big outcome.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 03:39:36 AM »
and...if we are detrimentally affected by hearing information from psychics and "doing things" to mess it up...well, then maybe readings in general are very bad for us to get.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
That could be true, but another way of looking at it is that the outcome that was formerly predicted is no longer for our highest good.  Perhaps there is a shift in thinking that alters what was once seen as an outcome.
and...if we are detrimentally affected by hearing information from psychics and "doing things" to mess it up...well, then maybe readings in general are very bad for us to get.

Offline Zee

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »
I don't believe we do things to mess up an outcome. Just because it doesn't happen as we'd like, doesn't mean it was messed up. I've looked back on things that didn't happen the way I wanted, but later was grateful that they didn't.  My believe is that everything is as it should be.  There is no right/wrong to a decision, just not making any decision is what causes detriment.

The original outcome predicted does not necessarily mean it was for your highest good; the reader is only telling you what path you are on (which you ultimately decide to change or keep) and they also just regurgitate what you want to happen. This is what I've come to believe the reader sees. Because we want it to happen a certain way does not mean it's the truth and when the reader supposedly predicts what we wanted, we then say the reader was wrong when it doesn't happen. It's probably why many readers are wrong - wouldn't you say?

Getting readings does shift your mode of thinking: for one it makes you think of things you may not have considered before and it brings scenarios into your conscious that you possibly manifest, as well as it changes your actions that can cause a shift. Everything plays into everything else.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »
That could be true, but another way of looking at it is that the outcome that was formerly predicted is no longer for our highest good.  Perhaps there is a shift in thinking that alters what was once seen as an outcome.

Who is to say what is for our highest good? I dont think something has to be for your higher good for it to be a prediction...it just has to be something that will happen.

anything