Author Topic: Local readers  (Read 2694 times)

Offline lovelygirl86

Local readers
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
Hi guys! Random post but I wanted to know if any of you guys read with local readers and how it compares to an over the phone reading. I just recently went and got a reading in person and I felt it was slightly more positive than over the phone and I was told no women around the guy. Some readers tell me he's dating or has multiple women. I'm a little confused as far as what to believe. So please share experiences with face to face readers and how it differs from over the phone :) thanks!

Offline toknow

Re: Local readers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:05:32 PM »
For years before I found Keen  I read with several local readers.  I do think that most people who read face to face like this are for real.  It has to be much harder to set up an office in your hometown and look people in the eye if you're an out and out fake - Keen and other psychic phone line services make that so easy to do.
That being said, we all know that even gifted for real readers have their off days and are not 100%.  And that basically is what I found with face to face readers too.  Most of the real ones are pretty accurate at past and present and anywhere from 60-80% on future stuff.  I don't even want to know how much I've spent to learn that psychics are best used for insight into the personality/thinking/mindset of the person in question, their intentions and why they are acting the way they are.  I'll jot down any prediction the psychic throws out but I no longer wait obsessively for them to happen. 

Offline lotusflower

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »
I read with a local psychic that worked out of her home.  Well lets just say that she went into how there's someone that I know put a curse on me and I could buy some kind bottle of liquid from her that will help break that curse.  I think that whether it's keen or local, some are good and some are not.

Offline sarahkw

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:47:38 AM »
Interesting thread. I'm reading with a local psychic tomorrow for the very first time. She comes highly recommended but I've never read face to face. I'm nervous for a number of reasons, especially because even though it's confidential, I'm sure she'll know at least one or two of the people I ask about!

Offline lovelygirl86

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:50 AM »
Why is that so common for local readers to do that? Tell you your cursed so you need to buy this to break it? Lol it's so obvious that its a scam, but I heard they're pretty accurate face to face because of your energy, like supposedly you have to touch the cards or the reader can read your energy because you're right there.

Offline Truth

• Lookin for the good ones, just like most of you
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 03:56:19 AM »
this is a tough one!

i agree with whats been said about Keen and phone readers. it's easy for just anyone to create an account and create a following by telling people what they want to hear - with absolutely NO talent. worst case scenario they get bad feedback and create a new account name.

i have read with local readers. one i went to totally did the curse thing after looking at my hand for less than 5 mins. she could remove it for only $500 folks! just by burning some candles. well, i know my way around some candles, so i didn't need her help with that. i've read with some others in person that were quite good. i found them on yelp or through word of mouth. however, they haven't all worked out well. meaning, one guy i thought was terrible. the reading was $250. he was a medium. and pretty much EVERYTHING he said was wrong about my family, past, those passed over, etc. i was getting irritated. but i've had a couple others that were more right than wrong.

the thing with local readers is they can wait to see your reactions. you know, it's like when some Keen readers throw a general statement out there to see how you respond, then go one of many ways to explain more what they mean based on how you answered. something like - i see you are having some difficulties. you could say.. OMG YES! or you could say - yeah, i guess so or say - well, i WAS but not anymore. in situation 1 they would just say - see! and wait to see if you give them more info. the 2nd situation they'd say well, it's not TERRIBLE difficulties, but you are struggling (duh, why else would i be here) and the 3rd they would say - ohhh, maybe thats it. it's showing as present, but it must be that you are coming out of it.

now, take all of that and then think how much MORE the readers can get by your facial expressions and body language. a lot.

once again though, i have had some really great moments and readings with people, so i'm not saying local or phone readers are or not legit. but i just think, depending on the gimmick or trick that some use they can play off of that based on the platform in which they are reading you.

Offline Zee

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »
That is so not true.  Local readers are just as fake (with the neon, outlined hand) as the phone readers and don't think because they are looking you in the eye, it makes it harder for them to scam you, because it doesn't. They take your money gladly and they do it with a smile upon their face. I've told readers in person that the curse/negative energy/hocus pocus bologny only works on newbies, and basically the reading is over once they start in on that crap.  They continue to use it because it works.

Offline toknow

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »
WoW! reading your stories just reminded me of one local guy I did read with over 15 years ago, omg TOTAL fake! The whole air of his office came across as bogus - curtains of beads, heavy incense, gazing balls, he had to light all kinds of candles beforehand.  Everything this guy told me was a joke as I recall.  Only thing I can remember now is that he said he saw me so happy and  in a yellow bikini on some beach that summer (me in a bikini is NOT a happening thing!).  He advertised on TV during the middle of the night. 
I've only had 2 readers try anything like the 'you're cursed and if you pay me....' thing, and they were both on Keen.  One I hung up on immediately, can't even remember her name. The other was years and years ago, and after she blew me away with VERY accurate details about my kids and a man, told me I needed a cleansing.  Sad because she obviously was real.
The good local readers I"ve read with either read out of their house (no signs outside) or had very plain offices that looked no different than an insurance agents office! They advertised mostly by referrals.  Some you might find  by a small ad in the local quarterly newsletter you could pick up in the local metaphysical bookstore.  They all also taped the reading and gave you the tape when you left. Wish I had a cassette player, might be interesting to listen to some of those today!!!!!