Author Topic: Readers who did you wrong  (Read 18303 times)

TimeHeals

Re: Readers who did you wrong
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 01:12:39 PM »
No one is making fun of this person. I feel awful for her. I don't say "haha look at her." Or use name or anything. I think it's sad Taft this person got dragged around for so long and by someone that many here swear by. To me it proves none of these readers are right about these love predictions and it sucks that this person, as unpleasant as they could be sometimes, had to go through this.

No, you did not say 'haha look at her', however, your post was rather mean spirited, and you did not seem to feel too awful about dragging someone through the mud, all the while detailing the horrible personal experience and an obviously difficult time this person must have gone through. Even in your above response, you STILL found it necessary to personally knock someone down. Not.Cool. So, forgive me if I find your reply insincere.

Also, I am pretty positive that most of us on here are guilty of this very thing - I know I am - of leaving 5 star feedback for readers after a reading, only to find out somewhere down the line that they were horribly wrong. I think obewhatever (sorry, just can't get the spelling or pronunciation right-no disrespect intended) said it best when she said something along the lines of feeling the positive emotion of the reading, and leaving rating based on that. Have you not done this same thing?? Good for you if you have not ever been fooled or strung along when in a vulnerable state.

I also found that for all the positive reviews about certain popular psychics mentioned here, there are also the negative reviews for same. I find nothing wrong with constructively agreeing to disagree. However, I believe some discretion & tact ought to be exercised when relaying other members' personal experiences.

SB, since you posed a question here, I'd be interested in hearing your answer to your own question.

Sorry all, but I felt it necessary to respond to this as it these types of situations that make others fearful of posting their opinions and such, and many good people have gone away from this forum because of it.

Peace, blessings, and well-wishes to all. :) :)

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »
Was this person unpleasant to deal with at times? Yes. Do I feel bad for her? Yes. I felt bad for her when she was on the board. How many times have we all been in chat and specifically said a keen username directly and mentioned how badly we felt for someone after reading months or years of feedback? This was the same thing. I just specifically mentioned this because we knew this person an it is sad that I feel, she was duped by this reader.

I have always posted fairly and kindly. So I find this rather out if left field. To answe the question, I feel the minute it becomes obvious you get contrary evidence to what the psychic said, I'd stop calling or leaving them good feedback.

Don't worry about it anyways, I'm done with this board so I'll be deleting this account.

Offline jordie

• Veterans
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
Hate to see you go SB, you have been a great contributor to this board and a friendly face amongst a sea of crap and negativety.  Now THIS is an example of a good person leaving.

Offline guesswho

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »
Don't leave SB.  I've really enjoyed your posts.  We all just get a little emotional around here sometimes.  You know how that goes.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
Don't leave, SB. I, too, enjoy your posts.

Offline oben

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »
Would not that be great if we were all living in a world that everyone had tolerance and respect for others opinions and ideas, I wish we could just take and accept an idea which does not match our and do not take everything personal and do not be offended that easy by a comment or an opinion.  "Obewhatever" ;D

elcaliente

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »
obewhatever,
I agree wholeheartedly!

Offline allbitenobark

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »
SB, please don't go. You are a positive contributor to this forum and I for one respect your opinion and reviews. You have always been kind to me and I'm sure many others here. You did not post anything harmful or disrespectful in this thread whatsoever. You shared an anonymous example only that many of us can relate to. I'm not sure what misinterpreted tone waterwhatever is picking up but it feels more like someone stirring the pot for no reason and just being an outright trouble maker. Don't take the bait. A forum is only as good as its members and SB, you are one of the good ones.

TimeHeals

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »
Would not that be great if we were all living in a world that everyone had tolerance and respect for others opinions and ideas, I wish we could just take and accept an idea which does not match our and do not take everything personal and do not be offended that easy by a comment or an opinion.  "Obewhatever" ;D

Lol, yes obe. However, I think many did not get the point I was trying to make. From what I gleaned of that post, it sounds to me that one member confided to another member personal details about their life & readings in PRIVATE. And, that member posted those details on this PUBLIC forum.  To me, that is harming someone, no matter whether names were mentioned or not.  I have shared very personal details of my own life to others on here, in private confidence, and I know how hurt and upset I would be if one of them posted those details here publicly. Its just wrong, a breach of trust, and I cannot believe I am the only one here who thinks that.

Is it just me that believes that when one confides in another, there is a moral/ethical obligation to keep that private? An unwritten 'code of honor'?

I am not calling anyone a bad person. Perhaps maybe chalk it up to a lapse in judgement, idk. What I DO know is, good things come through no harm to any one or any thing.

Peace to All :) :)

TimeHeals

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »
SB, please don't go. You are a positive contributor to this forum and I for one respect your opinion and reviews. You have always been kind to me and I'm sure many others here. You did not post anything harmful or disrespectful in this thread whatsoever. You shared an anonymous example only that many of us can relate to. I'm not sure what misinterpreted tone waterwhatever is picking up but it feels more like someone stirring the pot for no reason and just being an outright trouble maker. Don't take the bait. A forum is only as good as its members and SB, you are one of the good ones.

'Stirring the pot'? "Trouble maker"?

Sorry if I feel its wrong to post another forum member's private info, anonymously or not. I guess you think that's okay, though.

Enjoy the day! :)

loops77

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
Come on folks. This is an anonymous board. I doubt anyone knows anyone else outside of this forum. SB gave a valid example of how we sometimes don't see the light regarding readers. She didnt name names and that poster isn't here anymore. Whats the problem?

Offline Cfisher

• Veterans
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
@SB - my intention is not to have such a valuable, wonderful person walk away from the board. Not at all. The intention was just to point out that in all honesty, you could have been referring to me personally and your post wasn't exactly the most positive. When I read it, my heart sank. I don't know what your relationship was with this person, nor do I know who you were speaking of. My post in reply to yours was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. And possibly a little emotional on my end, but not an attempt to bully or put down. Just to point out hey, let's not point out others mistakes. It made ME feel bad, as I said, it could be me that is a perfect example as to what happened to the person you are referring to. I don't know what type of negativity went on between you and the person I'm question, and no, you didn't name names as I know that you would never post personal information on here about anyone, but it was the reference. Maybe I took it too personally. I just know that there are wonderful people on this forum that I have said things to, and I would be devestated if anyone referred to my life or their experience with me on this forum. Even though you didn't say anything mean or horrible or name names.

I have made mistakes in my life, I'm not proud of them, but I've still made them, and your post could very well had referred back to me. Although I'm hoping not!!!!!

Am I sensitive? Hells to the ya! Too sensitive about things? Sometimes. But that's who I am. And again, my posting back to you was merely to point out *please, let's not say things about other forum members*. That's all. Let's not point out or question other people's mistakes or what have you, regardless of if you still talk to someone offline and are friends, or not.

Offline allbitenobark

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »

Sorry if I feel its wrong to post another forum member's private info, anonymously or not. I guess you think that's okay, though.

Right or wrong your reaction was over the top. Another forum member's info was never posted, it was simply an anonymous example. I agree with loops, what's the problem? My real life is so far removed from this forum that I feel confidant that no one I personally know is reading my posts and if they did I don't disclose enough to put two and two together. If your life is that wrapped up in this forum that you get that emotional about an anonymous post then maybe just maybe it's time to take a step back.

I did enjoy my day, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the day as well. Take care! :)

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »
I was going to stay out of this one, but Im sorry I will not.  Something better did not say who, imply who, or even give enough specifics for anyone to know who she is talking about.  The post was regarding feedback and how one might use the feedback to choose a reader.  The post was not intended to hurt anyone or expose any person, her post was simply pointing out what was said and why she chose not to read with someone.  I believe that something better has a valid reason and shared her process in choosing a reader. 

The forum is for this purpose to discuss why you would or would not read with someone, who is accurate and who is not.  Somethingbetter did nothing wrong here, if you feel it applies to you what is said that is not her error.  Furthermore she did not mention names or the situation.  One thing to consider here is there are so many contradictory post regarding every reader, why single somethingbetter out?   This is an place to discuss, and that is what she did!

I dont agree with everyone here, I know for a fact that people misunderstand or better yet make a reading fit their situation and then are quick to say the reader was wrong.  I have been in chat when people are discussing what the reader told them, and what they felt it meant, many of us say to them really? It sounds like they are saying this....I guess it depends on what you want to hear.  There is nothing wrong with collaborative views, and if you feel there is dont be a part of it.

I care about everyone here, emotions are high but there is no reason to attack or post that a contributing member has no right to voice his/her opinion...we all do.

Somethingbetter, we have had our disagreements regarding readers, we have also found common ground through trial and error.  I respect your view and opinions as you do the same for me.  All of this disgust me!  I hope for the sake of the forum you do not allow others to run you off.  I have been the center of attacks as well as many other veteran members, I care about people being mislead....so I put my big girl panties on and stayed.  If any of us can spare someone the pain, financial drain, and heartache we all have experienced it is worth it to take a little heat.  We have seen people come and go, and then come back, go again, come back...lol you know what I am saying.  I have never changed my user name or came back as a different user...this is concerning to me, what is the purpose?

Enough with questioning Somethingbetter, she is entitled to her opinions...we all are.  Attack me, dont agree with me, I dont care...Im over that part of this forum! 
We have all overspent, made mistakes, and have felt silly! That said, part of the healing process is recognizing these mistakes and dealing with the guilt, shame, and disappointment...without recognizing any of it none of us can begin to heal.

Something, I appreciate  your contributions and enjoy them, even when we dont agree!  You have given me things to think about when we have went toe-to-toe regarding our feelings on particular readers, that is what this forum is designed to do.

@SB - my intention is not to have such a valuable, wonderful person walk away from the board. Not at all. The intention was just to point out that in all honesty, you could have been referring to me personally and your post wasn't exactly the most positive. When I read it, my heart sank. I don't know what your relationship was with this person, nor do I know who you were speaking of. My post in reply to yours was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. And possibly a little emotional on my end, but not an attempt to bully or put down. Just to point out hey, let's not point out others mistakes. It made ME feel bad, as I said, it could be me that is a perfect example as to what happened to the person you are referring to. I don't know what type of negativity went on between you and the person I'm question, and no, you didn't name names as I know that you would never post personal information on here about anyone, but it was the reference. Maybe I took it too personally. I just know that there are wonderful people on this forum that I have said things to, and I would be devestated if anyone referred to my life or their experience with me on this forum. Even though you didn't say anything mean or horrible or name names.

I have made mistakes in my life, I'm not proud of them, but I've still made them, and your post could very well had referred back to me. Although I'm hoping not!!!!!

Am I sensitive? Hells to the ya! Too sensitive about things? Sometimes. But that's who I am. And again, my posting back to you was merely to point out *please, let's not say things about other forum members*. That's all. Let's not point out or question other people's mistakes or what have you, regardless of if you still talk to someone offline and are friends, or not.

TimeHeals

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:58 PM »

Right or wrong your reaction was over the top. Another forum member's info was never posted, it was simply an anonymous example. I agree with loops, what's the problem? My real life is so far removed from this forum that I feel confidant that no one I personally know is reading my posts and if they did I don't disclose enough to put two and two together. If your life is that wrapped up in this forum that you get that emotional about an anonymous post then maybe just maybe it's time to take a step back.

I did enjoy my day, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the day as well. Take care! :)

I stand by everything I said. I was not the one who bashed another forum member. I was not the one who disclosed things about & mocked that person, and I don't feel I was over the top. Let's just agree to disagree on this. Obviously, our principals/ethics/morals/ opinions differ on this.  But I do find it disturbing that it seems most on here think its ok to taunt another like that.  I don't like to see anyone harmed.

And no, my life is most def. not wrapped up in this forum. I rarely ever post anymore.

Wishing you peace - no ill will here.  :) :)

anything