Author Topic: psychics who give you the 'distraction guy' spiel  (Read 3153 times)

Offline hope4love

psychics who give you the 'distraction guy' spiel
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:52:49 AM by hope4love »

elcaliente

Re: psychics who give you the 'distraction guy' spiel
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »
Umm. Not once for me.  In fact, its odd that in all the readings I've had over the last 7 months, only 3 indicated anyone coming into my life.  That would be less than 1%.  However, I have heard that in reference to my ex and his current love interest.  I get the sense that this is how they refer to a relationship that has no emotional investment and is likely not to last.

Offline oben

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:20:31 AM »
I heard it almost from all of them lol

Offline hope4love

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
nm

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:52:57 AM by hope4love »

Offline allbitenobark

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
LMAO, if you look further down this page you should read the thread I started called "Really? Ya think?" It's a similar rant about this very thing.

Whenever a reader starts to bring up the "phantom new guy" I immediately stop them and make it clear I don't want to hear about that. Period. IMHO, it does me no good to hear about someone new. The obvious is that I HAVE NOT MET THIS PERSON YET, lol!!! The second reason is because I don't want to screw anything up if I am to meet someone new! Oh my, hahaha. I find that if the reader is ethical they have no problem letting that part of the reading go and moving forward. If they are a fairy tale reader well then you can guess that they get offended and sometimes get an attitude, etc. Funny enough, when the "new guy" comes up in a reading it's good way to find out what kind of reader you're actually dealing with. So no, hope4love, you are definitely not the only one being told this. Whether it's a ruse or not I'm not sure, but in all the years I've gotten readings I have yet to meet the "new guy". :)

Offline marybell

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:43:42 PM »
LMAO, if you look further down this page you should read the thread I started called "Really? Ya think?" It's a similar rant about this very thing.

Whenever a reader starts to bring up the "phantom new guy" I immediately stop them and make it clear I don't want to hear about that. Period. IMHO, it does me no good to hear about someone new. The obvious is that I HAVE NOT MET THIS PERSON YET, lol!!! The second reason is because I don't want to screw anything up if I am to meet someone new! Oh my, hahaha. I find that if the reader is ethical they have no problem letting that part of the reading go and moving forward. If they are a fairy tale reader well then you can guess that they get offended and sometimes get an attitude, etc. Funny enough, when the "new guy" comes up in a reading it's good way to find out what kind of reader you're actually dealing with. So no, hope4love, you are definitely not the only one being told this. Whether it's a ruse or not I'm not sure, but in all the years I've gotten readings I have yet to meet the "new guy". :)
I don't know what to think about this.  As you guys may recall, I have a girlfriend, who I feel is an incredibly truly gifted reader.  She only reads for fun, so  She never charges me or her friends a cent.  I take her or make her dinner just to say thanks, particularly when I am all over her and take up a lot of time.  I have known her for a long time,so she has seen me go through hell and back. I tend to test her, and do not tell her things to see if she picks it up in her cards, and she does.   She often reads about a good relationship with some guy that I could have if only I wanted it.  She sees it as a sure thing as long as I decide that I really want that. When she flips the cards, I can hear her frustration when she says.. " Here it is again"    Something in my heart knows she right if only I could let go of my ex  and being with men like him. 
I am going about this the long way, but what I am trying to say, is that I do not necessarily think its a technique that advisers give to keep you on the phone, and just like my friend feels she has to show me what she sees in the cards, maybe thats all it is?

Offline hope4love

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
nm

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:53:42 AM by hope4love »

loops77

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »
Iv heard the line before. Sometimes it was true. Lets face it, we always will meet new people. Thats just apart of living. These new guys may or may not be worth the trouble, but we do meet them. And honestly, that whole "get over your ex so someone new can enter" is one of the most annoying lines ever. You don't have to get over anyone to get a new boyfriend or date anyone. Its just something they say to make it seem like they are being "deep and spiritual". People get over things when they get over things...sometimes that happens over a span of several marriages. See what I mean?